View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:14 PM
late model, xmods, microt

Trader Rating: (5)

Update:

I finally got time to just about finish it. Just need to solder some wires and drive!!

I Cut up part of the servo gear case and installed half of it in so i could it to turn and screw it in on the top of the chassis for durability.

I used the longest servo arm and shaved off some parts and made a larger hole for a screw. I put a screw in it. For the tie rod i drilled and sanded the thing that sticks up so i can turn in the back so i can get it to turn.

you can see how the servo is hooked up to the tierod

I like how it turned out. It was worth it. I don't have any servo jitter it steers at it's fullest at all times. It is a lot faster to steer. Now i need some better tires. I have the lift kit on the car so i can drive it outside in the street with minimal damage. I think it was worth it..

I couldn't get it to steer in the right direction so i turned to the controller/remote and put it on left hand driver and i turned the steering radius all the way down and it still turns to far. the servo is jumping out of place.(kind of.) I really like it. it looks hard to install but it really isn't, it is just getting the right setup.

Edit: The awd drive upgrade does not work. The hs-55 can't steer for some reason. O well i don't care. I just got done tunning it. Works well but it doesn't like to center it self very well. I figured it out tho. The steering trim was on it's highest, making the servo move from it's original spot.
H-Crawler

Last edited by fieldfairy2; 06-05-2008 at 07:19 PM..