View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 06:07 PM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
well **** cant beat 250 bucks!! link has just never been my favorite, i hate tuning with it. but everyone has their personal preference. ive just heard a lot of negatives about link from other people as well.

have you ever tried a utec or aem? ive even found the cheap cobb more fun to play with. took a friends 98 legacy turbo swap with link from 285 whp to 313 whp with nothing but going utec, losing the front mount for a large top mount, new injectors, and of course a retune. his link would keep sending his tune sour every time he had it redone, it would eventually go to ****. but it would only go so far and then stop. it was weird.

so you going turbo or super?

theres a 94 legacy wagon around here that runs both. car looks like total *** but makes like 370 whp!! its freaking nuts. sad thing is he breaks it every time he runs it. its soo jimmy rigged
I have worked with many others. EMU, PP6, Hydra, Utec, AEM, Cobb, etc. etc. etc. I do like the Link the best.

my only worry is this is an older unit that doesn't have an intake air temp sensor, so can't correct for different air temps. I'll probably have to have at least 2 different maps for different parts of the year.

coolest thing is they have closed-loop lambda control. tell it what AFRs you want, and it'll auto-tune your map to get you there.

FYI, Doug's wagon is a 1990.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC