View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 03:38 PM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

It's been a long while since this project was put on hold. I'd be lying if said that it wasn't discouraging to constantly stare at this project without it being close to done.

Looking back through this thread I see a lot of the pics are now broken links or have long since been removed so I'm going to revamp the thread with this post. I'm going to show the documentation from beginning to where it sits now, because in the coming month it's going to take a full turn to crazy. The type of crazy that everyone would've loved to see then as much as you will all love to see now. Enjoy.

Now that's a long journey.... and it's only about to get longer as you can imagine. The biggest challenges faced so far being spacial issues/fitting all components in, but that has changed during my hiatus and low and behold a power supply has come to life during this time:

3.7V 240mAh 30C LiPo packs. They're 25mm long, 20mm wide, and 5mm thick, tiny little buggers.

Power source hasn't been the only issue, trying to fit a whole interior in, i'm sure you can all imagine the space I have to give up inside one of these RC's... But there is hope, and a lot of planning on the surface. Though a custom chassis is imminent, it won't be a drastic change towards what everyone already knows and loves, it will however change all you thought possible on the Gen 1 platform. More to come later.