View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Nothing ever really hooks up well in snow.. The best solution to driving in snow, at this scale is 4x4. If you are running RWD your steering wheels get jammed up with snow and cause you to lose all steering.(Yes I do know that the Axial is 4x4. lol.) It won't really matter what type of tires you use, or mods that you do. Snow will always cause the RC to slip and slide. With the snow being powder, it packs up on the tires, causing it to lose it's tread. Making them into solid pucks that will cause the RC to slide.

No real advantage to snow crawling. Well... Except when you flip over it won't damage the body.

However, if the surface it ice. I'd suggest making either studded tires or chains that are removable(chains on the front wheels, it will help with both steering and drive).

Almost the same concept as a 1:1. Just a huge weight difference.
Yeap just going to stick to crawling on rocks Tires are two expensive to modify and I can't be bothered to scratch build chains....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
That thing looks great man.
Thanks dude it's coming along nicely....

To hopefully lower the COG and make the crawler a little more stable I have adjusted all of my links and the shock mounting points, this is how she sits currently:

Definitely lower than before but I noticed in doing so that I have a bit of lean on the body:

It always leans to the right, I'm hoping it's just a shock low on oil but we shall see....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....