View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 PM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY
Default Recentering a GEN1 servo

this is how u recenter the servo on a GEN1....

Step 1 - unscrew the servo top cover. there are 2 screws in front and 2 in the back.....

Step 2 - remove the cover, but keep the horn on the top servo cover.....

Step 3 - on the left side of the above picture, the gear without an axle can just drop out. i recommend you do this.

Step 4 - in the main servo case, all we have left now is one axle and 2 or 3 gears attached to this axle. the axle is attached to the steering potentiometer

Step 5 - turn this axle all the way to the right. grab a sharpie or some other marking pen and mark Top Dead Center, basically meaning the gear tooth closest to the top of the servo case.......

Step 6 - now take the axle and turn it all the way to the left. our previous mark has gone to the left, under, and now is back on the right side. mark Top Dead Center again......

Step 7 - now that we have the two extremes of the steering pot, turn the axle back to a more or less 'middle' position. you'll see that the two marks you made now point downwards and to the side. equal these out and then mark Top Dead Center to find the actual center of the steering pot's motion range.......

Step 8 - put everything back together and test it out, my 65 mustang servo isnt 100% straight but it works.....BTW those are somebody elses pics

i didnt wanna take my 65 mustang servo apart......anyways thats how i recentered my 65 mustang servo

Last edited by SUPERSHELBY; 04-09-2007 at 07:26 PM..