View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default **** yeah Jeep! '95 Grand Cherokee Laredo

Got an offer to buy a 4x4 Cherokee for a grand. Went to check it out, and it ended up being a Grand Cherokee. Not quite as badass, but I goto open the hood, expecting to see the venerable inliner when I notice the valve cover.

"Wait, why is the 4.0 slanted-- **** YEAH V8!"

318 V8, auto, full-time 4wd with 4-lo. New tires, brakes, radiator. It was cheap because the owner thought the a/c compressor had seized up totally, and had it towed to a shop. They wanted a grand for the job, and he didn't want to dump the money into it. Turns out, while yes the compressor siezed, it can spin freely if the a/c is off. All's good and he knew it wasn't going to be worth that much with out working a/c. A motor mount is broken. Drove it right home with no issue.

Promptly took it offroad, and got home to a leaking water pump.

Mainly the job is to flip and sell this one. The Chevy will go back to Houston to have it's OD trans finished up over the next month or so (Builder didn't get to building while I was on xmas break). I'll drive this in the mean time, and flip it around summer time probably when a/c is in demand. Other than that, a new toy and mah 1st 4x4.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-17-2011 at 07:04 PM..