View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Small engine or not, talk to cowboySiR on xmw, and he can tell you his story of how he kept up, then passed up with a Cayenne with his supercharged SiR civic. Kept pace with the thing going uphill

That, and how are you gonna have some lowend torque? Cant do that with a large turbo, and still have lots of top-end. Unless you have twin turbo (one small, on large) or variable geometry turbos... expensive!

Or check out vortec centrifugal superchargers.

Or turbo like every other honda box..

Or stick a Nelson Racing engine into it, and make over 2000 hp V8 power

Garret GT35R is what I'm getting with a precision intercooler, tial bov and wastegate. I'm getting it tuned by jason at St00pidfast; the best Honda tuner in houston hands down. He's tuned civic hatches to about 450 fwhp that have bone stock bottom ends that keep up with Porsche GT2's. For low end torque it just depends on how you tune...twin turbo on a civic with the one big one large crap is a waste of money to be honest. I don't know any reputable tuners that would even think about reccomending it. You can usually get better performance gains going with a slightly bigger single turbo and a nice tune.

I like the sound and overall feel of turbo though...the vortec supercharger was my choice a while back but after talking to about a dozen people who had them that hated them and went back to turbo I decided against it.

I can get a turbo or a lot cheaper than a supercharger, and since for me it wont be worth going above 400whp because of traction issues a good size turbo will be just enough. I'll have a nice *** power curve too...I've ridden in a civic si just like mine with a set-up like I want and it was amazing. Plus with turbo my gf's uncle can custom fab me a manifold

Last edited by civic_guy; 05-06-2007 at 06:59 PM..