View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default No Power to Motor!

Ok so yesterday I decided that for one of my gen1 cars I would fit a pro-board harness / dean's plug properly, e.g. right to the board rather than just soldering it onto the existing wiring, and whilst I was at it upgrade the stock motor wire.

I used 18 gauge wire so had to drill the holes a little but when I put everything back together all was fine and the car ran great.

So today I decided I would exactly the same mods to another gen1 car. I fitted the pro-board harness / dean's plug and tested that the car still ran, both the servo and motor functioned, so I continued on with upgrading the motor wire, I drilled the holes and fitted the thicker wire, applied solder and all looked fine!

So I hooked up my motor and liths, the servo turned correctly but the motor only spun very slowly a few times and then stopped - I wondered if I had blown the motor so I slapped another on with the same results!

What could I have done? I have checked for bridges or shorts and everything seems fine! As I said the servo moves its just my motor that is screwed!

Maybe I drilled to much and removed the contact points on the board - so could I just scratch away at the surface to get to the metal plate (like when you do a power-switch bypass) or is that going to screw things up??

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....