View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob_man
the venture van has the 3.4 that is notorious for lower intake problems. I'm sure the lower intake was leaking many miles before the head gasket blew and the low coolant cause a over heat and the head gasket blew. But blowing three time is odd, did the shop have the heads milled? were they checked for cracks? did the water pump leak and do the same thing later? lots of variables and the ac failing ten times sounds to me you guys need to take your cars to a new shop.
my parents take very good care of their cars. my dads contour had no problems untill it hit 100k but the venture only has 45k and its still had all these problems. and yes, your right about the intake leaking. my mom just took it to the shop to get the gasket fixed, and its already reading low coolant level, and the coolant has been filled 2 times since last tuesday when we got it back, from CHEVY themselves! i dont think they even know what the hell they are doing anyway. i have to agree though, older fords and chevys like the early 80's were built right. my friends 82-84 blazer, idk exact year, but it sat for 10 years, not running, and 2 months ago, he changed the alternator and starter and it runs great! i mean, after 10 years of just sitting, it runs like it was running for years. so idk, i think american car manufactures have progressivly gotten worse, but thats my oppinion.