View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalslik
well, we own a chevy, ford, and mercury (basically ford) and well my mercury cougar is great, but as soon as it hits 100,000 miles, well, you better hope for the best. b/c after my dad hit 100k in his contour, well it all went down hill. my mercury is at about 95k, but its doing well, im hoping for the best. we used to own a 88 corolla and an 92 tacoma, and well, both those cars lasted atleast 200k b4 we had to sell them b/c my sister was born. my mom has just had soo much trouble with her chevy venture, its amazing. that things airconditioner has broke like 10 times, its blown 3 head gaskets, its not very dependable. i have to say, if your gonna buy a car, seriously go with a toyota, or a honda, you are getting an extreamly dependable car, and not to mention the MPG! so i dont understand why everyones having a cow about this ford, chevy, doge war when these freakin american cars are like driving huge boats, and last for under 100k miles.
Your statement about americans cars isnt necesarily true, it also all depends on how you take care of the car.