View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

If you are having problems with your brakes, perhaps the pads are worn out..? Any metal to metal squeels when the brake pedal is pressed on? Indication of the pads being done. Is there any DOT3(4) in the master? If not, you might have a leak, is the pedal spongy feeling/goes to the floor without resistance? You will need to bleed your brakes if there is fluid in the master. Best bet from me, do the brakes yourself. Replace all the hard lines and the soft lines. Replace the calipers, pads, rotors, drums, shoes, springs, parking brake cables, pistons, master, fittings, etc.

The engine, is it knocking? Is it leaking oil? Does it have fuel, air, spark? Or is it missing one of those?

I know with my Camry, I cannot start the car up without the air intake being hooked up to the manifold, reason ; Mass Air Flow Sensor in the air box.

The paint is probably improper prep work to the body, and not properly cleaning the vehicle before applying primer, then sanding/scuffing the primer and then cleaning that, to lay down the paint on top of.

All of these things anyone person can do theirself in their own garage. Why waste the money on labour for? Learn to do it yourself, save $$$.

GM charges $65.00 for an oil change. Oil, filter and labour. Oil costs anywhere from $15.00 - $35.00, filters $2.50 - $5.00 if you do it yourself. I know the oil and filter GM uses are infact, cheap. The main cost is the labour itself.