Thread: My New Whip
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19birel View Post
Though the mileage is high it's a Volkswagen and they tend to hold their value very well. Id say do some suspension work to it first.
Yes that is true, but. If haggled, than that price would have been lower easily. My co-worker picked up a 1972 Volkswagen Van, all original for $3,500.00. Body is straight, engine needs a rebuild, no surface rust, no rust in general except for on the bumpers. Which were just coated in house paint, he will be re-doing the bumpers.

Interior is in great condition, but sitting under a tree with a window open has caused some molding in the interior, but it is all there. Pop-top, fridge, stove, etc. It is the Vanagon model.

All original with no rust for $3,500.00 guy was wanting $12,000.00 for it. Sure they hold their value, but with the proper haggling. It'll go right down.

Need proof of this vehicle I have no problem getting a picture for you guys. Tell me to put something in the picture(please. Something reason-able. Not a ham or anything, but like a Sign or something on those terms.)