Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Du Ma Mai

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Songha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tischo View Post
hehe that looks cool, no need to paint there something
o
Haha, it did look cool, but it felt funny to drive it and see all my other cars have their color. I just had to do, and I wanted to test out Tamiya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris19 View Post
Is that spray paint? That's an awesome job. Do you have to put on primer when using spray paint or do you just spray the color you want over the body?
Yes it is. For this one I used Krylon's gray primer, and Tamiya's 3 oz GunMetal and Black. For your Mustang, just sand it with some fine sandpaper. Get rid of the glossy coat, try not to mess up the mirrors, mask those good. After masking, and you feel the car is well sanded, clean it up so no dirt or residue is left for when you prime it. When you spray, use the press, swipe and release technique. By that I mean, aiming away from body, you press the nozzle, wipe it pass the body to get paint on. Release when it's no long spraying at the car. And do that back and forth until you get it coated to your liking. Do it quick and careful. Wet sand lightly between prime coats. So.. it'd be after sanding and cleaning. Prime,let dry, wetsand, prime, let dry, wetsand, paint colors, let dry, paint clear coat. That's how I do my cars. I highly suggest Tamiya paints, $6.50 a bottle is expensive for a small can but I think they're worth it, I'm not going back to Krylon colors. Handles really well and dries real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizm0 View Post
SUPRAS ARE THE BEST!!!!!! Nice paint job. It actually looks good compared to when u got it. Keep up the great work!
Haha, thanks. I like how the black headlight blend in since I don't have headlight lenses. I thought it wouldn't look right without them but I think they're pretty darn nice.

Without clearcoat yet, I got bored. Found some cotton. And here was the end result of boredom. LOL:

And a nice front end shot. :] Check it out on your PS3 with your HDTV and it looks hella nice: