View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

The Brownie is an awesome little find, compete with box, flash and manual for $20. The lenses are fogged up on the inside, but the camera works mechanically, and appears to be pretty dirt simple and should be quick to clean.

Even comes with a Kodak (?) flash bulb shield, for incase the bulb explodes. :grin:

Things I'd like to find for this is a repair manual of some kind (pretty optional), and where to find flash bulbs and film. Also the manual mentions special C-sized batteries, apparently made for different amounts of flash. Are these still availible, or are regular C batteries acceptable?

The Argus is fully functioning, and is a 100% manual camera. While playing with it I took a series of shots, I think 5, and forgot to wind the film on all of them. :woot: Yeah, it's a weeee bit different than the Minolta!

It came with a leather case too. I love the rangfinder/focus. The dial on the left, and the left most view finder work together. From the back of the camera, you look at the right view finder hole and use the dial to align the two images, and that's how it focuses. I dig the little gear system used for it too, and in general love fully mechanical things, so it should be fun once I learn how to gauge what shutter speed and f-stop to use when taking various photos. It would seem that it uses the same flash bulb as the Brownie, same sockets at least.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere