View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 02:45 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

(The quotes got out of order somehow, so bare with me...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Leave the Focus stock, adding performance mods to that is a joke. Plus, Audi style headlights ? Just no, they only belong on an late model Audi and nothing else. Same with halos, only belong on a BMW. Those stock rims are better then everything else you posted... so I'd recommend sticking with those.

Just drive this car for a DD, your not going to be tracking it or going to a car show with it. Enjoy it.
Actually, about that... There's this Website called FocusFanatics that I recently joined, just because I figured they could help me out and stuff, and apparently there is an annual "FocusFest" that attracts hundreds of people and is broken down regionally for an easy commute. There's racing and shows, and it's nearly dirt-cheap. So yeah, I will be doing that. :P Also, a lot of cars over there have those projector headlights, and I didn't think so either, but they look really good when they're actually on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Blade- chill out, as I'm reading it, his father is handing it down to him.
Yeah, he is. I should have made that clearer though. Although it's nothing to be jealous of, as this was the best selling car in the world for a few years in a row, so they're extremely common and cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
my bro taught me a lesson about cars when he first started driving,
he got a salvaged A4 for hi 18th bday, and it was is first official car, and the first thing he did was start modding the engine.. you know.. chipping it, bigger turbo, air intake, blah blah blah, then he moved onto brakes and shocks, then onto rims and tires, then other the body kit and what not.. he made it look "euro" if you know what i mean, then.. a couple months later... tranyy problems... then a couple more months.. he pretty much killed his flywheel, followed by his exhaust system...
he fixed those.... the car cost him nothing, probably cost my parents about $1000.. he spent i'd say well over $6000.. and now the car is gone, he still misses it sure, but he learned a lesson to not mod it if it's not needed, sure he'll go chip it and boost is and what not, but at least he'll do it carefully this time, IMO dont do anything, even if you end up getting this car, just leave it alone, and start saving up...... and go buy yourself something newer.. THEN start doing wahtever the hell you wanna do with it
I understand exactly what you mean, but different people love different things in different ways... Personally, I like things that I no longer have best of all. When I have my second car or later, I'd rather be able to say "I had a Focus tuned just my style and then it just killed itself and left me" than "I had a Focus. I sold it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
but please dont rice out that poor innocent car
Call it rice if you will, but to me it's beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
If you want to modify your one then go for it, especially if the car is already paid for and you are just paying your dad....

Don't worry about the haters just do whatever you can afford to do...
Actually, I'm not paying my dad anything... I'm not even paying for insurance. If I didn't get any modifications, I'd only pay for gas and maintenance. You can call me spoiled, but I prefer "lucky".

And that last line is what everyone should go by. I actually have more respect for full-on ricers than traditional dragsters and drifters and whatnot, because they simply do what they want and are happy with it.