View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
As much as I can't stand Wal-Mart, I have wished that they would pick up some sort of RC line such as XMODS for a while now. Most towns have at least one Wal-Mart or more, so the possibility of more stock is there; not to mention the possibility of lower prices on starter kits and parts right off the bat. I guess that would just be a dream though...
i cant say i'm a big fan of wal mart either but you have to have a pretty big hard on against em to boycott em altogether.
they have everything and the majority of it's cheaper then small buisness can offer.

EXAMPLE:
my LHS stocks Revelle RPM'z for $89.99 per starter.
i walked into wally for some fitchin' gear and happened to walk past the clearance rack and what'ya know,sitting there were two RPM'z starters for $30 ea.
snagged both and sold one for $60 wich is still $30 cheaper then anywhere else in town that stocks em and made off with a freebie.
can't beat that with the proverbial stick right?
i didnt even know they sold em and here i got 2x for 2/3 the price of one.
ofcourse i went to see if i could find the regular marked price but i havnt seen another in stock since then.

imagine the new consumer base though if wally picked up on mods.
we might actually have a shot at new and more exciting models,not to mention a shot at getting back all of the upgrades that made the brand so much fun to begin with.
RS took a great toy and killed it with bad decisions and lack of effective advertising.