View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting View Post
nice, is that a water pump in there or just an oversized cpu fan? And you are running 2 1.5TB hardrives?? i am going 15Krpm@150gb for my next build i find the 1Tb kinda slow for my tastes. I also hope AMD comes out wit a 6 core too because intels prices are out of the roof, amd would have a 6 core for the price of intels quad.
It's a Zalman CPU fan.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-019-_-Product
With the fan, I can get my CPU to 4ghz on air, stable, without having to modify any voltage settings.

I have quite a few TB of space, as I have a large collection of Movies and TV Shows which is streamed to two Xbox 360s and a HTPC running XBMC. This machine is very power hungry and frankly, I don't need to use this much power on a daily basis so I'll build a simple Windows Home Server and move all my drives there. I'm on a budget, and am attending college (while working) so I don't have much time to even enjoy what I have (I just turned 19 two weeks ago).

I'd opt for a SSD that is around 60 GB for my OS install in the future. When I do decide to update this rig, I'll probably run dual Radeons and get another 4 gb of ram.