View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
You have to realize something you will need torque to do so, torque is the basis for rc crawlers not exactly articulation because if you look at my 1/24 Silverado build, it doesn't have much articulation but still performs fine. The 3 basic things for crawling that are absolute needs, torque, 4WD, and good tires, otherwise you'll be picking it up every 5 seconds to move it from being stuck
And just to add to that, the three MUST HAVES of crawling are 4X4, locked diffs and a proportional throttle, however the three essentials to rock crawling are torque, weight (C.O.G.), and traction. If you dont have the first 3 then its not really a crawler, and the second three are what you need for a successful one, but the second three arent really needed they just help. BTW isnt concrete going to give your crawling couse like 200% traction compared to like real rocks or dirt? Well any how i look forward to the final product