View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)
Default Acura NSX....Hovercraft?!

Okay, so I got bored and decided to start a new project. And after reading XXX's 'modders convention' thread, I couldn't do something normal! So I did a little research, and the Acura Hovercraft was born. The central propeller is ran off of a 8 tooth gen 1 motor upgrade. It has been tested, and provides more than enough lift to get the car off the ground. I have it ran straight off the battery, since there is no need for throttle on the lift motor.

I still have a lot of work before she is done, but I felt like it was to the point where I could upload some photos. The cowling and rudder for the rear fan will be redone in balsa wood to reduce weight. I also need to install the steering servo and attach it to the rudder, as well as wire in the power supply ( 7.2v 2c). The 'Skirt' is not pictured, as I only used a cheap garbage bag for the test run, and will be replacing it with nylon fabric this weekend. I will also be doing a lot of body work, especially removing the wheel wells as they don't look right. All in all though, its been a fun project, and I hope you enjoy the photos. Once I have it running again I will remember to shoot some video