View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
It runs the throttle response is better than any motor imo lol ah man you guys should hear this car lol
When my friend and I did a motor swap on his camaro, he went from a stock 350 with a tuned 1406 Holly, square bore, to a lightly-built 350 with an Edlebrock Q-Jet. Even untuned he said it is the most responsive carb he's driven, even his carb'd Datsun Z-car wasn't as good as this G-jet. Mine responds better than most 80s, 90s, and a few 00s cars that I've driven.

The reason they get a bad wrap is their complexity and since they are stock carbs, they see a lot of abuse and wear before another person gets it. So their impression of it is based on a carb they don't understand that has been on a car most it's life..

Brand new, in a street/strip car, they're hard to beat in their balance of power and drivability.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere