View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
great work man...its beed fun to watch these transform/progress...very innovative as well...keep up the great work...and when will we start seeing the production models in black and gunmetal ;-) ?
Thanks, it's been fun to do. Production will be strictly custom order and although I do have some black material, the closest I can come to gun metal is a light gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog25413 View Post
how did you make the D holes? I been wanting to make my own rims as i keep finding things that i would like to try and make them out of but the only thing holding me back is the D hole
I made the d-hole with a 1/16" router bit. I programmed it on a CNC machine. I think your best way to 'make wheels' is to look for one of the tuts here on using xmods wheels as the center and gluing the center into a different (model) wheel, or use some rim adapters. Making your own wheels is going to be hard because they need to be round and the hole needs to be on center. Good luck though.

Well I wasn't happy with the spokes on the 7 spoke wheel, they weren't smooth enough. So I asked my guy to re-do the program, and here's what I have now. I think they look much better without the nub on the spokes. Plus, notice the spokes are directional, left and right wheels.

With the new smaller tool I have for the d-hole I should be able to make more designs but we're really busy at work for the next couple weeks so I might not get much done. Stay tuned though for updates.

Q & C welcome.