View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 08:30 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

alright well with the last run i broke the servo again, so i picked up a metal gear servo from the hobby shop, and it has a little more torque too, so its all good now. took them out today, the tmaxx and the buggy. got some videos mostly of the tmaxx, battery died in camera and i didn't want to stop playing to change em. lol.
also finally, and i repeat,, finally got the tmaxx running good. i bought a carb oring kit, and went to take the carb apart to find that the allen head plug/screw one the end of the carb was stripped, so i robbed the carb from another engine just to see if it would make it better. and I'll say, she was a beast today.
one major thing i noticed and Bart said it, the 1/8 buggy has an amazing amount of power. and both of them see to be smoking a little excessive, but thats the only place they would run at, i tried leaning out the setting and it wouldn't stay running, so i can deal with some extra smoke to keep em running. and i may look at the bottle, it may have a little higher oil content than some. who knows.
i did manage to break the buggy though, this awesome engine has a header set up like my banshee had. a spring holds it to the head, well i was going along and bam, got real loud. upon farther inspection the spring had ripped through the aluminum manifold. i just drilled a few new holes in the manifold for it to hook on to.
the videos like i said are mainly of the tmaxx, i got some good air in these vids, but come to find out my best air wasn't caught on tape. managed to catch the bigger jump just right and launched that baby. it was sweet. well enough talk heres some vids

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526