Thread: Racing transit
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)

i was going to get a caterham kit chassis but then after i saw them at harewood i decided no because they kept spinning out but iv never driven one so i dont know if im good in one.

i wanted to build somthing unique so thats what im going to do. once i get the van and engine im going to see if its possible to cut out part of the flooring in the back and bolt and weald the mounts to the chassis and obvs strengthen it too so i can get cooling through the bottom like a normal car instead of cuttting holes in the sides. also strip out the interior and build it specificly for racing dont know to keep aircon in because the max it gets in the uk is 30 degrees C and because it weighs alot.

oh and btw it will stay rwd because i though 4wd for more grip cause no weight in front after engine being taken out but i could put a long range fuel tank there or move the stock one.

the original van for the diagram was going to be a 97 transit but couldnt find side view. so iv shortened this one to about the same length as 97, there will be a wicked paint job and decals to finish the racing look but dont want to get to far ahead now.

and you guys were probaly wondering how im going to come up with cash ?
i have a part time job that doesn't pay alot £5 a hour and i work 5 hours 3 times a week so £75 a week + when i start college over in the uk we have EMA and i get paid £30 a week to go to college. so £105 a week or for you americans on the forum $172.

Last edited by deckerz; 09-06-2009 at 08:21 PM..