View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 06:58 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default Monster Patriot Hummer H2 XTruck

OK guess I'll go first then

My entry is an XMOD Hummer H2 body on a rather beaten up XTruck chassis converted to a monster truck, it features:
  • Custom SUT Body - the cutting wasn't my own work.
  • Custom ProPulse knobbly off road tires on extended axles.
  • Custom HPI 2CH AM Receiver.
  • Custom 9G Micro Servo for drive.
  • Custom 9G Micro Servo for steering.
  • Custom L arm connecting servo to steering arm.
  • Custom F-150 bed.
  • Custom aluminum motor mount.
  • Custom aluminum skid plate.
  • Front / rear bumpsteer modification.
  • Custom Stars and Stripes body wrap.
  • ProPulse antenna tube with custom bend.
  • 2WD with locked rear diff.

The chassis itself uses the stock XMOD battery tray, the stock XMOD ESC is gone, there is no speed controller, everything is controlled and powered though the HPI Receiver unit.

There are a few things I would like to explain about my entry:
  1. Firstly as some of you may know I'm not an American although I have lived in the US for almost 5 years now, so when the competition was announced I thought to myself what are the two things all American's like.... well the flag obviously and monster trucks.... so it was at that point I knew that my entry had to have a monster truck chassis with some sort of reference to the flay.
  2. Secondly I'm broke and have no cash whatsoever to buy anything new with, so almost this entire build was done from old, broken, scrap or free parts, the only pieces purchased where the body wrap decal and the servo motors so total cost for this bad boy was about $35.

Now before I get to the pictures I want to give a few shout outs to people who have had a hand in helping me finish this build:
  • Reaper - thanks for all the technical help and the RX.
  • Zippo855 - thanks for all the input and motivation.
  • BART - thanks for taking time to help me select decent photos.
  • Donziikid - thanks for taking time to help me select decent photos.
  • Bondo - thanks for the bumpsteer tutorial.
  • Surgeon - thanks for the wide axle tutorial.
  • I'd also to thank all those who took the time to comment on my build thread, this has been a long and tough project with very little motivation to complete it so if you commented you helped finish the truck

Finally some photos:

Monster XTruck Chassis:

Monster XTruck Body:

I tried doing something fancy with the wheels here but it didn't turn out how I expected so I gave up and now my wheels are slightly off color.

Monster XTruck Off Road:

The build thread is here:

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17206

I'll add additional photos to it, I might also change the above as we still have a few days until the end of the competition.

Thanks and enjoy!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 08-03-2009 at 07:57 PM..