Thread: New Free rc
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Well, one thing I like about the duratrax one is it's got rear steer from factory. I also really like that it has a motor for each axle. I just don't think it has that good of flexing capability. By the time I got batteries and a charger, I'd be at about $200 not including the shipping. If I were to buy one new, it would probably be this one though.

What I plan on doing is finding a used axial that someone is just getting rid of, to save some money and get a good one to start with. I just can't justify spending over $200 on an rc crawler when I have a real one sitting in my driveway I could be using, know what I mean?
As far as an rtr kit is concerned, I'm not real worried about breaking plastic links, (maybe the driveshaft since I hear they are the weak links) because I won't be bashing the thing around. The most it will see is a 2-3 foot drop off of a rockpile or something. I haven't managed to tear up this crappy hummer yet, except I think I have burnt up the motor a bit trying to crawl the thing, it's just not designed for that kind of stress.

I appreciate all the suggestions, it's always best to hear about things from people who deal with them the most.