Thread: The X-rod
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
This is amazing! I would love to see some pics on how you mounted the rear truck part on the Gen 1 chassis. Perhaps even a video of this being driven around.

What kind of EP/ESC you using? Lemme know how long that battery lasts when running around.. I'm curious

This is amazing though
The mounting is so simple its ridiculous. The truck rear end is backwards, that yellow piece in the chassis photos bolts into the bottom two bolts that weren't used and bolts/glued to the chassis.

I am using all micro-t electronics. I doubt the battery would last 10 minutes, but that just adds to the scale realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman91 View Post
man that thang is going to look sick cant wait to see the end product!!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
Wow, thats amazing! I had the same idea before, but could never figure out the front end. I don't have any gen1s, so that idea never came to me. That thing would be right at home with my hot rod truck. Can't wait to see this one finished!
I've technically never had a fully functional Gen1...it was a learning process putting these pieces together. You could make it with an evo, you would just need to make a custom chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Looks excellent Surg!! Can't wait to see final pictures!!
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
i wanna see it do a wh00lie!
Me to! Hopefully it will not dissapoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
OH killer, you got the steering worked out. Did you lock out the front suspension?

Killer to see it near done! Mwahhahahahaha...
Yeah, I decided for a drag car the suspension isn't worth it, plus the headers and wheels are a close call....don't want to have to reglue them everytime the front end is lifted and lays down. The steering is perfect. Really too good for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
this is the best xmod ever made, hands down. very awesome!
Thanks a lot, that means a lot coming from a seasoned veteran with so many great projects under their belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
nice rat rod
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
like i said before.....
**** AWESOME!!!!!!!
not only is it KILLER,it's a first in Xmod history.
it's the first Xmod Rat Rod.
my only beef is that the engine is leaning one way and the radiator is leaning the other way.
in all cases though this is THE BEST Xmod around to date!
The engine and radiator are fixed. I've also added all around windows last night, just didn't have time to get a shot and get the pics up today. I've got most of the stuff together for 2.0 if you want to collab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
I can dig up a gasser fuel tank if you want. Look at some gasser and hot rods for the tiny 2-3 gallon fuel tank in front of the grille to see what I'm talking about. Also called a Moon Tank too I believe.
Oh yeah, I've got that down. I've got one large and two little cells. I don't know if I want to mount it on the front, or the back...or do the two little ones on the side by the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Man that is sweet. You really did a great job pulling it all together. More pics when finished would be nice. Can't get enough of the street rods.
Thanks a lot.