View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
sounds like you got alot mixed up...
we're not out to get you man,we just don't want you to go through the same mistakes that alot of us have.
so far,everyone that has posted here has had some REALLY nice paintjobs.
go back and check em out just so you can see that you're getting advice from people in the know and not some schlubs who like picking on noobies.

your cousins might be whizzez when painting lexan but the biggest difference here is that this paint is going to get beat up.
like others have mentioned,lexan shells are painted on the inside so the lexan protects the paint and you don't need nearly as much prep work.

my advice is to stop!
go through this site and check out some of the projects and tutorials.
get a mental picture of what needs to be done before you even start.

what's "regular paint"?
you don't have to start with a primer but it helps.
your primer should be no more then 2 thin coats. all you want to do here is take the original color out and give your new basecoat something to grab onto.
the color is'nt really all that important but you want to stay within light/dark. if your new color is dark blue then you would want a darker primer. if your new color is sky blue then you would want a lighter color primer.
your final color should only be enough coats(depends on the paint) to achieve full coverage.

you're not exactly in a position to give others advice...
it has NOTHING to do with the color of the paint or "many coats".
you don't even need an airbrush to get a quality PJ.
a good bit of our members bring excellent paintjobs with spraypaint but they actually follow whats tried and true.
trying to reinvent the game will get you nowhere fast.

also, don't double post.^^^
use your EDIT BUTTON............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...........right here.V
Thanks.. i know you are trying to help me.. but i just want to prove a point that "light" colors dont HAVE to be painted on first to have a good paint job
srry.. forgot to use my edit button.. ill use it from now on

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶