View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir03 View Post
I know that a timing system is unlikely for most but what kind of comparison could someone could suggest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
So, we've established that its a good idea...now its execution time. Where do we start?
For Lap Counting one has to have some sort of lap counter and/or at an absolute minimum, video and post to youtube.

I say abandon the race classes. In know it sounds nuts, but hear me out.

Theres just too many mods and no REAL way to police this. And I don't trust everybody's honesty. (Sorry guys!) Its a Run whatcha brung event. Having raced Xmods for the past 5-6 years in our Xmods of Tulsa group, I can tell you I've been modded beyond reasonable measure and still been beat by stock cars with only Radioshack upgrades. And on the flipside I've beat modded Gen 2's with my Gen 1 cars.

On a track such as the mini-96, control is more important than speed. Ultimately I say, If you can control a lithium modded Xmod on a min-96 then there's your edge.

View my Ghost Racing video of my lithium vs nimh and you'll see the lithium is initially fast and out ahead, but never runs off and leaves the other cars.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUGDkPVZDNY

So post if you have:

1. RCP track or comparable track
2. lap counter or able to post video and times to youtube

Microsizers Lap Counter on ebay for $4.99

+ Nissan GT-R
+ Audi R8

Last edited by aquaman; 05-31-2009 at 10:31 PM..