View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 02:40 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Too lazy to get a picture now, but thought I'd just say that Lamborghini is all sharpied. It's done by someone in California I believe. I saw it on a episode of "SuperCars Exposed" And the Tornado proof car is based on a F350 or something like that and weighs like 15,000 lbs.
actually i think it's a diesel F450 Super duty. it's names TIV(Tornado Intercept Vehicle) and its owned by IMAX film maker Shawn Casey. For several years he's bee trying to get a shot from inside a tornado to finish his tornado documentary. He teamed up with Dr. Josh Wurman. Dr. Wurman has a mobile dopplar station (DOW, Dopplar On Wheels) and he has weather instuments on top of the TIV and a team of truck with probes. Josh is on DOW 10, Shawn recently made a second TIV creatively named TIV2 thats based off the Ram 3500( http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9108/tiv2zi1.png ), which is so problem ridden, on its maiden season, it boke down so much that they got a guy to drive it back to CA, and grab the original TIV. they have a shw on Discovery channel. It's called Storm Chasers. The show also follows some adrenaline junky who was one of Josh's former student who gets some AWSOME shots of twisters.

^I'm a Storm Chasers nerd! I have't missed one yet!