View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineLvr View Post
I shot the guys at Atomic Mods an email and they said that a 2x2 will do, but a 2x3 will not hurt performance and it will only make it more efficient. I asked about the 8858's, but their response was about the 4562's. I think I will do a 2x3 stack and see if there is any noticable problems with that
The 8858 is a superior FET. They don't sell that FET thats why they suggested 4562. Also, Atomicmods is not the most valid source to contact. Try shooting an email to reflexracing.net . The guys there are world champion Mini-z racers. Christian Tabush will probably get to you himself. There are far better references to contact. Much of atomicmods information is marketing influenced, also, I can't begin to list the amount of false information provided on their website.

Also, I still don't suggest such a poweful motor. I bought the T2 and still don't use it because its too fast to control on most typical RCP tracks, and I'm a pretty experienced racer. Though, if you have a fully programmable transmitter that could help (like the helios) becuase you can cut the throttle down to make it more manageable.

I'd suggest the atomic standard motor. Great price, great efficiency, perfect for medium tracks.

Here is an example of what I was talking about regarding atomicmods marketing. Trust me there are plenty of posts validating this argument. - http://www.minizracer.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=19

Last edited by Action B; 02-26-2009 at 01:33 PM..