View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 05:47 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
whoa...super macro...i think the whole concept is cool...reminds me of an aerial view of a cityscape and the black box is somesort of soccer stadium...i know silly but....

...and silly question but why is it called macro and not micro since its usually of really small things...noob ques i know...
Nikon's the only one that gets things right, again! We call our lenses "Micro" lenses while the rest call it "Macro." We like to keep things correct and straight forward. (obviously, sarcasm..)

To be honest, and not sarcastic as well, lol, I really don't know the definetion/truth behind "macro" rather than "micro." I've always interpreted it as macro is things your eye is capable of seeing without some sort of large enhancements, while micro needs enhancement. A camera is basically capturing what you're able to see with the naked eye; hence the term macro rather than micro.

I've also heard people say it's called macro rather than micro because macro keeps it in a one to one size ration while micro will have to enlarge it. But, with the days of enlarging and enhancing, I don't find this as much true as other theories.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."