View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx racer View Post
Its funny because the officer who gave him the ticket responded in the same thread on the first page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
First off, my mom worked as a dispatcher at a Sheriffs Office, not only did I become very good friends with the deputies, I went on ride alongs with them.

And they don't use the old fashioned kind that you hold, they are built into the car. They can read from the front, and behind and can be turned on and off with a hand held remote.

I have witnessed several time while on ride alongs how they would wait until the car was within distance enough to see, flip on the radar and catch their speed, and then flip it back off. If they were speeding, pulled them over.

I know exactly what I am talking about, I don't talk crap if I know nothing of what I am talking about. I can back up my information with real fact. '

And no, I've never owned a radar detector, because I drive the speed limit and if I get caught speeding I pay the fine and deal with it. Because you know why, I was in the wrong so I'm taking it like a man and doing what I have to do. But you know what, I've only been pulled over for speeding ONCE, and that was because my speedometer didn't work.

Thats nice an all, but i gurrantee you the only reason you do the speed limit is because you dont have a car that easily tempts you. Now maybe theres a chance you do have a car thats "fast" but answer me this.. if you have a car thats fast or sporty in anyway you will not ALWAYS abide the speed limit right ? And if you say no then your just lying to win the argument. Dont try hinting that im afraid of "taking it like a man" its a matter of wanting my record to be CLEAN. and since you got that ticket for speeding your record is forever marked with that flaw.

Also, in my position no one can argue when you have a supra... think about it.. theres no Speed Limit involved with a supra. after i baught the car i havent had enough money to take it to the track to have fun. its the state of Cali's fault why theres so much street racing. theres only a few tracks here and just for practice entry its a minimum of 150 dallors. Not to mention im putting every bit of money i make into a track car. so untill then ill settle my fun else where