View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Thanks for the input, RSX.

I see what you mean, but when you approach a corner as fast as a Li-Po goes, doesn't it loose traction and slam into the guardrail? It just seems that human response time is inadequate to negotiate a corner going that fast. If I could learn to drift a corner at those speeds and miss the guard rails, then heck yeah, I want to do some aftermarket modding! But maybe this is a bit of "sour grapes" on my part as I don't have the cash right now to do that kind of modding. And from what I've heard about Li-Po, they take anal-retentive levels of attention to make sure they aren't over-charged, but especially not undercharged.

And my thoughts about tackling a corner with skill instead of muscle raises a second question: do the suspension upgrades really make a difference? Do they really help the car handle the corners better? Do the different spring tensions on those little springs really make the cars handle that much differently?

Thanks guys. BTW, if this is sounding like I'm ****in' in your cheerios, then my bad and I apologize. I'm a noob and just trying to get a handle on these mods.

--Doc