View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Putting the 350Z on the back burner... the SC430 corners flatter (like, you can't see the body roll at all) and feels more direct. It's a shame it's discontinued already. I'm using normal MR02 springs now, medium-soft. I think I'm going to have to bump to medium or medium-hard but only testing will tell.

In the meantime, here's a little something I'm working on... instead of the tierod horn, a conventional steering linkage can be fitted after all.

The original idea is EMU's (GSR team driver), but I fabricated my own adapter with the CNC mill. The ball joints are Atomic's, I used the shocks from their RM DPSII damper system, and glued the shock ends together to form a link.

Here's what it looks like in the car, very compact:

The steering seems to be a bit more precise with the linkage in, so this may actually be better than the tierod horn. However, I'm wary of trying to release this as a hop-up for the chassis until I can source good ball links. Shaving down the Atomic shocks and gluing them together is not my idea of user-friendliness. For anyone who doesn't mind a bit of DIY on their $110 chassis though, this mod is for you.