View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
This couldnt be more wrong. a electric set is okay for playing gigs or in pubic (church etc..), but only if its a pretty high end set. im talking $1500+. i wouldnt bring an alesis DM5 Pro kit ($600) to a gig to play for people thats for sure. Acustic is the way to go there. When it comes to recording, either one is about the same. Now days with all the electronic softward involved, and the "brains" of the v-drums, electric is almsot better for recording.

If your just playing for your self, and in your room, Electric is the best way to go IMO, which is why im switching. I say this because, your neighbors dont have to listen to you. You can play virtually at any time of the night or day. They can tuck away and be stored far easier than a acustic set, and they have perfect sound qualitys for your bed room. Plus they are super user friendly for any noob at drumming.
That's pretty much what I said, but more words...
How can you call me wrong, then say it over?
I meant when playing in public, and specifically said as a church band or just something for your to mess with by yourself, electric is fine, because they don't really have to sound "good."

But, on the contrary, if you plan to be in a "real" band, then you should get real drums.