View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:23 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post
well im more than happy to build it so if you want to go ahead and start on some ideas and do some number crunching email me the progress and i will get started
Theres not many numbers to crunch until it is built, you would definitely need a decent power supply for accurate results, ideally with a potentiometer on it's output...I dont think i would trust batteries because to do it right you would have to make multiple pulls on each motor in order to have what you could call valid data. As far as adding resistance to the slave, once again I think a pot is your best bet as it could simulate infinite real life scenarios. It sounds like you already have a means of measuring RPM so thats covered. It sounds like you dont need a schematic of what I have pictured in my head but if so I'll explain where to hook what up to. There is another way to do it using water as the load but that may be too complex for this application. The only real variable in this whole situation will be heat, each pull will have to be controlled somewhat precisely in order for the data to hold true. Just let me know what, if anything, you need from me.