View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 AM
SPR

Id really like to see pictures, because i just gotta call BS on that. This is why.

First off aluminum is not very very strong. aluminum is very very weak.

second xmods dont sit that high off the ground, So to get it thin enough to not be losing ground clearance or scraping, and to get it to fit around all the curves and bends in the chassis it would have to be so thin that its just going to get bent and dinted to crap and actually not work at all because its just going to dent into your chassis and cause damage to it. metal doesnt have a memorie so when it bends it stays. So There goes your strong theory. And as for function, well its heavier than plastic, causes damage to your chassis, and im sorry but i think a dented and bent up piece of aluminum under there will look like crap.

Lexan at this thin of stages is just as strong if not stronger than aluminum. Plus it has a memorie, so it will bend and will absorb the impact and bend back. It will hide the scrapes and blemishes better than aluminum and stay nicer looking longer. Plus its soo thin you dont lose any ground clearance worth speaking of. and its lighter weigh for sure.

So correct me if im wrong please...

Anyways guys, this is going to be the last update for probably a week and a half or so. I did some wiring for the rest of the custom lighting on the Hummer, worked on the tow hitch, and then was bored so i Proped everything up just to see it. Thought id share a few pictures to try and tie ya over for the long wait.

and yes the truck is propped up on tires and a evo CAR chassis haha.

Custom Fog lights, Side Marker Lights, and Day time Running Lights.

Showin the white under glow on the truck and trailer.

No the hummer body work is not finished!

So after these next pictures i better not hear any complaints about it!! The back end has NOT been molded at all! its strickly been glued on from the back side and paint over on the outside. The Paint is a RUFF BASE COAT. and NOT the final Color! it doesnt even have clear coat on it yet! So again, even though its all put together, its not finished, please no complaints!

Here is the new hitch on the trailer with new Stinger and Ball on the truck. Obviously its not finished because when the truck is lifted its going to need to be a major drop hitch. This is just to show ya what they look like.

Anyways So thats that for atleast a week, probably closer to two weeks. Ill be shipping the car off hopefully tomorrow to get it fixed. And then we will go from there.

Cost wise, still sittin at:

SPR Rally Team Valued At: $242
SPR Rally Team My Cost: $57