View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 05:20 PM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilskipro587 View Post
Man haven't posted here in ages but this is an important one...
This summer my dad said he was going to buy me a laptop. I had a choice I could get a Macbook(~$1000) but it would be the last laptop he buys me for good. So unless I bought my own it would have to last me 6 years(roughly all of college though I would probably end up buying my own) I was physicked even though I would Windows I wanted to try something new. As I did more research I found that these all weren't what they were hyped up to be. So I began more research on different laptops. I found the Asus EEE's. I had followed them when they first came out but they were not worth the money then. I then found the 1000h model that had a 1.6ghz intel atom 1gb of ram and a 80gb hard drive. Perfect for what I needed one for considering I have a very good desktop computer too. This thing from Asus was tiny. 10 inch screen but along with that came a 7 hour battery life which meant I can use it all day and have no battery worries. All of this for just ~$450. It was set and this is what I have now. I use it for notes in school every day and have yet to have a complaint about it. Though it doesn't have a disk drive(i dont need one) it has 3 usb ports a web cam sd card reader and only weighs 3 pounds. Perfect for me and all I could ever see myself using.

EDIT: And it came with Windows Xp so I don't have to put up with all the vista crap.

wow your stupid the new macbooks are gaming machines with 5 hours of battery!!! they also have a 128GB solid state disk so when you drop it it CANT BREAK unless you REALLY chuck it... know your facts and look at this vid:
http://www.apple.com/macbook/the-new...tch.html#large

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
Compaq, And Hp.
meh they are decent... they have had some nice improvements in the last few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post
i would say no matter what you do your not going to get anything good if its not a dell or a mac and both are not cheap i guess you can go look into getting a toshiba or somethign like that.
or you can just get a really horrible pentium 3 something since a computer doesnt really matter what manufacture makes it its how you use it and what you use it for that makes it crap out on you
i have a custome built desk top made by me that i have had running for 3 years now with XP os on it i have reformated it once because i dont do games i dont mess around on the virus full myspace pages but i would say get someting decent in your price range and just go buy a xp os disk alot of ram and a bigger hard drive then when you have it ruynning go into your control panel and go to visual performence and dump 4 gigs of your hard drive space into you ram space so you have your stock ram plus your extra bought ram then another four gigs of ram but i have to say its very hard to have a good lp for under 500$
i got a custom built desktop and it has 3.5 gigs... and BTW if you buy a mac motherboard and DVD rom you can custom build your own mac pro too.... just sayin

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears