View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to F-100CuStOmCaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Wow!! You opened yourself up for a world of hurt by offering to look at this....

I'd say just take the easy route out and give it back

If you want to continue to try and troubleshoot it then I would suggest:

1. Connect the battery directly to the motor and make sure it turns.

2. Start with the gears and axles, stripe them down, make sure nothing is rubbing, lube it all up.

3. Check the board for any obvious broken wires.

From the pictures this thing doesn't exactly look hobby grade so unless you can find a circuit diagram of the board you aren't really going to be able to do much with it.

Not really sure what else to suggest.

Well I'm sure its somthing with the board because it acts funny and now it doesn't move. It did go in reverse just fine but I was just looking at it again to see if I could come up with any ideas then it wouldn't go in reverse.

If you think that it won't be fixed thats ok I said that I don't know what to do when it comes to electrical things but he said just take it and look at it see if at all you could happen to fix it.

My first thought was maybe something was shorting out because the board is covered with dirt but then again there is some type of wax coating all over it. I then thought maybe is to eliminate that problem. I don't know though, I have no clue what I am doing. No biggy ill just say i cant fix it.

New to me, then used by me, now NEW again, Weird!!