View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

i don't get what you mean by sanding.what parts do you sand.so far i have gpm F & r nuckles and cvd's.also every radio shack hopup parts.My problem is the car leans to one side a little.If i screw down the back shock tower i get a little wobble.i tookk the pin out before screwing it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
keep in mind that gpm isn't real cheap. it's cost quite a bit to get parts.
you can either go to the official gpm site or try http://www.asiatees.com/
and go to xmods touring(that's what they call the evo series of xmods).
one of the prodicts is a full GPM awd kit. just have to browse a bit to find it. )
this should come later

also, if you go rwd, you'll have to practice a lot more so that you can control the car. alot of balancing a tuning is required to get the car to stay in control at high speeds.

once you get control down(driver skill is nearly everything) you can then try for a hotter motor.

AWD is very useful for people who are beginning to learn car control.

like c1v1c said, suspension and control are the most important things on an xmod since out of the box, they seriously lack these things.

my stage list:

1:
bearings, suspension and steering upgrade, metal lug nuts(2/56 size from radioshack works quite well, and is quite cheap)
2:
tire upgrade, some balance tuning(find two of the center points between the fron and back axles and suspend the car by exactly those points. lightly sand accordingly until the car balances horizontally.) s2
3:
AWD and some light GPM stuff (knuckles, axle stups and dogbones.) remember to re-balance the car.
4:
fets and motor upgrade.(2x2 or higher and a faster motor.)
5:
power upgrade(5 cell, 6 cell-use rechargeable batts, or lithium)

beyond that is anyones' guess

between upgrades, practice with the car and make sure you feel comfortable and confident in your control of it before proceeding.

variations according to your own tastes in upgrades should be encouraged.