View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
when I reconnected the battery and started the car I got a Tire Pressure Monitor Failure error on the display - **** - now this isn't the first CAI I've installed (although it will probably be the last) and this was a direct replacement so did not require any splicing of wires, I didn't remove anything other than the MAF wire and sensor but the stock wire and sensor both went back on so I'm at a total loss and really don't know what could have gone wrong, I'm hoping that its pure coincidence so I went ahead and booked it into the dealership for Monday to try and get the issue sorted.
This is why I like cars that don't need computers to run.

May have just reset the sensors. Your gonna have more fun when you swap out to different wheels/tires if it uses the in-wheel sensor like most cars have swapped to. The ABS-sensor one was less prone to this sort of computer hell..

Quote:
hmmm...try driving around alittle or do a burn out. to warm up the tires. maybe there was condensation. cause u said it has been raining,
They would obviously design the sensors to be water proof/resistant if it's outside the wheel, and if water gets in the wheel you have much bigger problems... Like a flat tire.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere