Thread: Beater Bronco
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday
Default Beater Bronco

Hey guys and gals:

My uncle Dennis hangs out with me quite a bit, and enjoys watching my projects come together, but, he doesn't have the time or money to do them himself. Everytime I go on my crawler outings, he announces his wishes that he could do what I do. So I thought and thought, and lo and behold, I stole a board out of a POS car, and got soldering. He knew of this, and I think it made him kinda happy that he could join me doing whatever, and I think it ill be fun to have someone to crawl with. After the chassis was done, I hunted for a junker body I could slap on it to make it look nice enough to run but not like my GMC...(I am still afraid to run it...)so it would look OK, but not great. I found my Bronco, and though, wth, I'll make him a Bronco. It got ripped apart, bondoed, sanded and painted. I wasn't disappointed, so I kept the green. I kinda skimped out on mounting and interioring, but, I quote him:
"I don't care". So, its all good...He wants to keep it up at my house though so it doesn't accidentally get broken, which is fine by me. I did this in a pinch, so bear with me. Desert dogs on slammed rims were the best I could do, and they do pretty nice in mud...I think I fried the range though, which sucks, but its a crawler, not like its going to get away from him/me. I made it more for mud, so articulation is limited, but I will trim up the fenders a bit later...I might look into some waterproofing, but I was sinking the tires and nothing but controller failure happened, and maybe fried range, but who cares. I might do a few nic nac things, thats why its in projects. But anyway...I'd love some Boggers for this...anyone got any?