View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
Hahahah, sorry RED, but I got other opinions. I hate to start the whole which is better thing, but I have to say it.

Anything you can do with an RC18T or B, you can do with a PP. Since, as you said, the PP is a cheaper knockoff of the RC18, then the parts should be interchangable. Also, if you can do brushless in an RC18 why not in a PP? The only real difference is the body, brandname, and popularity level.

Anywho, a good electric off-road car (depending on scale) could range anywhere from a Kyosho Overland, to a Tamiya Clodbuster, lol. It all depends on price and the size you want it!

Later,
RedSXmodder

PS: RED, I'm not dissing AE, since I'll probably get that RC8 buggy pretty quick, lol...
lol, that's cool! I was just rep'ing for AE

My dad is actually getting pretty ticked off about how long he's got to wait until the RC8 comes out... I'm actually waiting to see if AE goes for an RC8T, since thats what people mostly race around here... (I'm the only guy running outlaw with a GT2 vs a crowd of truggies lol).

Tamiya Clodbuster is a great choice for general bashing, as well as if you want to try out rock crawling in the future. I believe the new one is called the "Super Clodbuster", which is just a blue re-release of the classic Red Clodbuster (the older one was faster lol).

Ah, yes, the Overland... Its a very popular 'play' R/C for many in my area. They handle great, have great hop-up support, as well as adaptability, you can drive them in the house, as well as outside in (a relatively hard packed) garden. Not to mention, the Mini-Z fan base is at least 10x larger than ours (XMODS).

Over here, we've actually got an Overland dirt racing track at one of our LHS's. Its pretty awesome watching them race around and go over mild bumps! They're pretty fast for off-roaders.

If you're into micro monster-trucks, Kyosho also has the Mini-Z Monsters.

Last edited by REDisFASTER; 07-21-2007 at 08:46 PM..