XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Recommend me a good keyboard! (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19715)

GearHeadV8 10-06-2010 03:58 PM

Recommend me a good keyboard!

hey guys, im in the process of upgrading all my computer stuff. Already got a new moniter (20" widescreen yumm) and a new touchpad (bamboo pen) but now i wanna look into a new keyboard. The one i have now is a old logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. It was good but now there is connectivity issues and the back spacers broke so i cant tilt it off and when you type on it flat the keys catch and dont go down. That and the mouse is terrible even with new batteries and right infront of the reciever.....What i need help with is finding a new one. The main things im looking for is a chiclet style keyboard.( like what the macs and some new sony's have) Id prefer wireless but id do a wired one. Backlit keys would also be something i wanna get but not a deal breaker. only criteria with that is that the color would have to be blue. That and the size id like to keep it relitivly small and it does not need to have the side Number pad.

Thank you guys for any help!

dreamingISdrifting 10-06-2010 06:18 PM

Stick with logitech, they are a hardcore brand, I have the Logitech Wave, its wireless, doesnt use much batteries, maintenance free, and it has many features, my favorite being the calculator button, and the Media center button. The only flaw I can find is that the caps lock or numb lock doesnt have an led light telling you it is on or off, it displays it on the screen.

taiwanesekid05 10-06-2010 07:05 PM

I personally have a Microsoft 6000 keyboard that also has a mouse (comes with it in the package) and its wireless. But its not backlit or anything fancy.

greenday 10-07-2010 08:14 PM

I like nothing more on a computer than a good comfy keyboard. Tell you what, just do what I do. Go to Wal-Mart, and when no one's looking open the boxes and try them out. You can't be expected to buy something like that without trying it out!

dreamingISdrifting 10-07-2010 10:47 PM

Lol +1

XMDrifter 10-08-2010 12:04 AM

what things are you using your comp for? cuz that decides mouse/keyboard too.

GearHeadV8 10-08-2010 11:31 AM

ha thats very true! i bet even if theres people all around me they wouldnt car if i opend boxes ha :p

i mainly use it for photoshop,music making with acid and fruityloops, and movie editing and facebookin ha.

or even scissor keys like a laptops lol

greenday 10-08-2010 09:54 PM

Go spend $50 on a nice suite...And get a nice gelly wrist pad mousepad..I love those.

But I can adapt to any keyboard, but for me to type my best, the keys have to be just right...Personally I don't like too much or too little travel, and I can't stand a laptop keyboard. Chiclet is annoing, as is the clicky ones people love so much, (funny, because I had one somewhere...)

XMDrifter 10-09-2010 03:48 PM

i personally like logitech products. my fave one i have now is the g500 gaming mouse. and i don't even game that much. it's just comfy