XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   General XMODs (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Help troubleshoot (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19003)

r3ap3r03 04-16-2010 09:08 PM

Help troubleshoot

hi, yea i doing some small mods to help increase overall performance to my gen1, i tried my luck at 3 modifications : the on/off switch bypass that was successful, upgraded batt and motor wire to 18g that was successful also and i tried the resister tight turns which is wut im having problems with.... when i put the batts in and turn the remote on the servo turns all they way to the left and i cant move thought the remote. i pretty sure the resisters arnt exactly 3.3k but they should be pretty close

does anyone kno a way that i can fix this?....
thanks for the help

Action B 04-16-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3ap3r03 (Post 255354)
hi, yea i doing some small mods to help increase overall performance to my gen1, i tried my luck at 3 modifications : the on/off switch bypass that was successful, upgraded batt and motor wire to 18g that was successful also and i tried the resister tight turns which is wut im having problems with.... when i put the batts in and turn the remote on the servo turns all they way to the left and i cant move thought the remote. i pretty sure the resisters arnt exactly 3.3k but they should be pretty close

does anyone kno a way that i can fix this?....
thanks for the help

Start by checking for continuity between the board and the servo itself. This makes sure that you have a good connection. The one side lock usually happens to me if I have pulled a wire off the board or servo accidentally.

Get back to us once you check that.

Xmodman30 04-17-2010 09:37 AM

mycrors4 04-17-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmodman30 (Post 255383)

umm.. can someone explain this? cause its too short to be binary code lol

Xmodman30 04-17-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 255399)
umm.. can someone explain this? cause its too short to be binary code lol

I was just testing too see if i could post but i am a new member. I couldnt find out how to delete it after I posted?

mr.hotrod 04-18-2010 12:44 PM

and you couldnt try something pertinant... like an answer to the problem or a constructive comment?

r3ap3r03 04-24-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action B (Post 255355)
Start by checking for continuity between the board and the servo itself. This makes sure that you have a good connection. The one side lock usually happens to me if I have pulled a wire off the board or servo accidentally.

Get back to us once you check that.

Hello again alright so i checked the continuity and was able to figure out the problem, thanks you very much....

Now i seem to have a problem with what i be leave is now a range problem because after my car get about 1 foot away from the remote it will just accel for one sec then stop for another sec and accel for a sec ect... and thats with me having it on full throttle