XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   General XMODs (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Radio Shack stock - XMODS Accessories... (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18706)

MarkM 03-03-2010 11:54 PM

Radio Shack stock - XMODS Accessories...

I'm new here but have been a lurker for awhile. I have a couple basic XMODS and one IMOD and enjoy them.

I travel a lot for work and check out RS when I have time - I've noticed that about the only accesories they have in stock, now that the fate of XMODS is unknown is the AWD option - every store I go to has at least one and that's it! LOL!

Is that what everyone else is pretty much seeing as well...just curious.

Thanks!

DRFTKO 03-04-2010 12:51 AM

Consider yourself lucky that you are even seeing any upgrades at Radio Shacks that you visit. I haven't seen an upgrade since they put the XMODS merchandise on clearance a while back. I am lucky to see a starter kit in a Radio Shack around here. However, this area is full of scalpers and I imagine that a number of the stuff is gone due to them. If you think you may need the upgrades in the future, I would go ahead and get them.

By the way, what is a IMOD? I take it that it is a XMOD with an Iwaiver board?

All_Xmods 03-04-2010 02:27 AM

I must be one of the lucky ones.
My local RSs still have most of the starter kit, but the R8.
But I have always only see three upgrades for them though; the AWD, under-glow, and the stage 2 motor. I still see all three of these in multiple stores, just not all three in one RS.

TheB1GDude 03-04-2010 09:25 AM

My local had probably 10-15 starter kits all on sale for 25$ They didn't have the 65 or 10 Mustangs or the Challenger but the others are readily available.... in terms of upgrades though all they had was an AWD and motor upgrade.

I didn't buy a starter kit because I'm not all that interested in the street series and the upgrade weren't on sale.... 15$ for an AWD kit - are they crazy??

Hiyoto 03-04-2010 11:02 AM

The nearest radio shack to me has only starter kits. They have all the street starter kits except the 65 mustang. No accessories in stock. I still have to check the others since there are like 3 within a 15 mile radius of me.

Blackdragon 03-04-2010 02:25 PM

I have been to 5 RS so far and all I see are corvette and mustang starter kits and as for upgrades no one seems to have them in stock anymore and when they call the other store same thing. My next attempt is New Jersey because there are none in Philly as far as I know. And I don't need them just looking but I would be in trouble if I did.

winner 03-04-2010 05:23 PM

Y'all are luckey my local radio shacks ain't got nothing

MarkM 03-04-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

By the way, what is a IMOD? I take it that it is a XMOD with an Iwaiver board?
Yep LOL...I call it my IMod. I bought the board from someone on another forum for 10 or 15 bucks, it's the older 01 board but I guess I lucked out because it worked without a hitch. I plan on ordering a few more for my other XMods - it's a whole different ball game.

Pretty much what I've been seeing as I travel thru MS, AL and TN this week. Starter kit stock is starting to dwindle but if you ever wanted AWD...they're readily available and lonesome LOL! Ocassionally, I've seen a stage II motor upgrade but no more wheels or tires and such.

I never thought about the possibility of eBayer's hoarding the good stuff...sheesh!

Thanks for the comments!

blazer94 03-04-2010 08:00 PM

i havent seen any in the northern part of wisconsin. ive been to the 2 in my area and all they have is the rechargeable battery kit that was sold by xmods.

DRFTKO 03-05-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkM (Post 252066)
Yep LOL...I call it my IMod. I bought the board from someone on another forum for 10 or 15 bucks, it's the older 01 board but I guess I lucked out because it worked without a hitch. I plan on ordering a few more for my other XMods - it's a whole different ball game.

Pretty much what I've been seeing as I travel thru MS, AL and TN this week. Starter kit stock is starting to dwindle but if you ever wanted AWD...they're readily available and lonesome LOL! Ocassionally, I've seen a stage II motor upgrade but no more wheels or tires and such.

I never thought about the possibility of eBayer's hoarding the good stuff...sheesh!

Thanks for the comments!

It's just a possibility and by no means confirmed. I'm just guessing that it is the case since they scalp Hotwheels, wrestling figures, (I collect both myself) and various comic book character figures.

ravevolution 03-05-2010 02:50 AM

Yep I haven't seen any accessories at any of my local 'Shacks' just the starter kits and not much on those either.

I'm not too worried, since I am leaning towards gpm I would rather pick up any parts that come in the accessory kits in gpm form :)

FinalGear 03-07-2010 02:32 PM

Get Them

hmm... I guess I stop by some RS...

16ford 03-07-2010 04:05 PM

my RS has like three starter kits, and one AWD upgrade. and all three starter kits are 370z

xModer69 03-07-2010 04:56 PM

my RS got nothing for xmods, Just about 2-3 starter kits and thats all... I wish they hadd upgrades...

FinalGear 03-09-2010 09:40 PM

Search Now

well...I pick a Challenger & AWD kit (over-price) the other day. The RS rep was willing to order the other parts from another RS in Wyoming.

I figure I will wait til the X-Mods drop down to $19.99 and pick up a 370z