XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Electronics (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   uncontrolable car. (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16255)

himynamebebrian 03-08-2009 02:59 PM

uncontrolable car.

my car keeps turning right for a split second then left when i turn the wheel on the remote to the left, the same thing happens when i turn right. this is bugging me badly. help please.
also, when i am holding the trigger down fully, the car goes like putt putt putt. like a broken car. like there are spaces in the sending radiowave. kindove like..... ___-___-___-___-___-___-___-___- lke the _ is good signal and the - is broken signal.
its super annoying, any help would be very appreciated.

dontspamme 03-08-2009 03:12 PM

I don't get what your first problem is. It turns left and right by itself?

Theres some interfearence in the area. Or theres something wrong with your range.

himynamebebrian 03-08-2009 03:26 PM

no, when i go to turn the car left with the controller, it first does a split second right turn to a left turn, its turning right by itself when i turn left, but only for a moment.

dontspamme 03-08-2009 03:39 PM

Check your servo connections. One of the wires might be loose enough to be touching another one.

reaper 03-08-2009 03:54 PM

a little more info ?

gen1 or evo , any upgrades ? what power is it running have you tryed another transmitter ?

65mustangrock 03-08-2009 04:44 PM

The steering thing happened to me but with a 3rd gen. Change your crystals and make sure th wire going to the antenna is connected

himynamebebrian 03-08-2009 04:54 PM

its a gen1 runing 2x2 fet stack, liths, bypass, AWD, switchblade, full gpm.
drift tires.. antenna got switched to a direct long line from an old radio. the connections are good.. antenna connections are good.

reaper 03-08-2009 06:59 PM

theres ya problem

fets and liths

the servo pot and motor in an xmod arnt made to take lith power so causes jitter , always in one way or another

and stacking fets just adds to the problem

couple of things you can do is add another pot in-line to choke the power going to the servo
or do a hobbygrade transplant

bigez 03-08-2009 08:32 PM

or this is what i did because i did not want do a tight turns mod so i put in a hs55 in place of the stock sevro

himynamebebrian 03-08-2009 09:02 PM

do they fit where the stock one fits?

dontspamme 03-08-2009 09:04 PM

It's smaller then the stock one. It would fit without problems.

himynamebebrian 03-08-2009 09:06 PM

ok, i saw a tut i believe but does it have the 3 wires and the 2 wires like stock?
also would it be to small on a switchblade chasis.
where can i find one, is it worth it i have tight turns resistors already.

bigez 03-09-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himynamebebrian (Post 216117)
do they fit where the stock one fits?

yes it does you just have to mount it

Quote:

ok, i saw a tut i believe but does it have the 3 wires and the 2 wires like stock?
also would it be to small on a switchblade chasis.
where can i find one, is it worth it i have tight turns resistors already.

yes it has the 3 wires for the pot and the 2 for the motor
but in the hs55 there is a board so you will need to take it out and just conect the wires to the board if you need more help with it just pm me

rsx racer 03-09-2009 08:26 PM

The problem is not only his servo; he has two problems. One with the servo and one with the motor. This is definitely a range issue and I'd try a different antennae and another set of controllers/controller.
Does this happen when your within one foot of the car? Prop the car up on something (so the wheels can move freely) and update us on what happens. Also, you need to make sure that the antennae is not touching any GPM part.

XMDrifter 03-09-2009 10:51 PM

it's either the remote or the extra voltage. most likely the extra voltage.
i have a gen 1 with tight turns and a 2 year old remote and it still turns just fine. my motor fets are blown tho

redrunner07 03-14-2009 12:46 PM

h\get a new controler mabey