XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   my songs (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7077)

BlackLabelNSX 02-17-2007 12:42 AM

my songs

hey guys along with xmods im also and avid guitar player and a skateboarder her are a couple of parts from songs im working on let me know if i suck at guitar or not :bigwink:

Download deathofthereaperadambutler.mp3

Download MetalSongAdamButler.mp3

jimmythekid1 02-17-2007 06:48 AM

I used to skate before I blew my knee and back out, I love black label decks they have nice "pop".

BlackLabelNSX 02-17-2007 10:17 AM

yea man they do i love those decks thats where the blacklabel in my name came from,lol

skylinedriver 02-17-2007 10:37 AM

I've been playing guitar for about 20 yrs. now. I have my own metal band and we're in the middle of recording an album. I listened to your clip and it has a lot of potential. It sounds like you're using drop D tuning. Here's my suggestion, in the three note part E, D#, and F it sounds like a power chord, barre your index finger across the E string at the same time, it's a variation of the chords you use but it keeps with the "heaviness" of the main riff. Another variation would be to play as last stated, but also move your ring finger one string down to the G string and strum so that note is heard also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackLabelNSX
hey guys along with xmods im also and avid guitar player and a skateboarder her are a couple of parts from songs im working on let me know if i suck at guitar or not :bigwink:

Download deathofthereaperadambutler.mp3

Download MetalSongAdamButler.mp3

BlackLabelNSX 02-17-2007 12:51 PM

wow that's a good idea i never thought of that im just starting to make my own songs so im fairly new at it but thanx for the suggestion i'll try it out

THE EDJ 02-17-2007 01:56 PM

the second one sounds great, its got a little more to it than first one, i definately see some potential there, keep practicing!

BlackLabelNSX 02-17-2007 11:25 PM

thanx man i play at least 2 hours a day just playing around and those are just wat i got so far of those songs im in a little bit of writing "block",lol

blindman8 02-18-2007 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=BlackLabelNSX]hey guys along with xmods im also and avid guitar player and a skateboarder her are a couple of parts from songs im working on let me know if i suck at guitar or not :bigwink:

Dude those r my intrests too i just got an electric on Saturday and ever since then my fingers have not stopped hurting i even have a club at my school for guitar players we have in our club 3 bass players 3 electric players and one undicided one day he wants to be an acostic player next day a banjo player next day a drummer he is so dumb

BlackLabelNSX 02-19-2007 09:55 AM

yea it goes away after a while you adventually get callices on the tips of your fingers

blindman8 02-19-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackLabelNSX
yea it goes away after a while you adventually get callices on the tips of your fingers

yea i got calices on my pointer(1),middle(2),and ring(3) fingers i've been playin 4 about a year but the only thing that i can find that you really need to use your pinky for is thunderstruck and it seems really really hard imo

skylinedriver 02-19-2007 07:20 PM

have you tried the E, D#, F variation I suggested yet? Also, if you want to change up the feel a little, go from the 8th note pedal on the E string to a triplet gallop (a la "The Four Horsemen"-Metallica) on the same string

BlackLabelNSX 02-21-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindman8 (Post 72885)
yea i got calices on my pointer(1),middle(2),and ring(3) fingers i've been playin 4 about a year but the only thing that i can find that you really need to use your pinky for is thunderstruck and it seems really really hard imo

i don't use my pinky for thunderstruck i use my index(pointer) finger and my ring finger and just rock back and forth stretching a little of course,lol

BlackLabelNSX 02-21-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinedriver (Post 73068)
have you tried the E, D#, F variation I suggested yet? Also, if you want to change up the feel a little, go from the 8th note pedal on the E string to a triplet gallop (a la "The Four Horsemen"-Metallica) on the same string

no not yet i havent had that much time i've only been able to play half an hour each day instead of my usual 2 hours and im kinda confused im not good with techniques and am confused about the triplet gallop thing(sorry)

DRFTKO 02-21-2007 01:27 AM

"BlackLabelNSX", this is the second time I have called you down for double posting, please use the edit button, this is getting old. Follow the rules. Thanks

janikphoto 02-21-2007 11:53 AM

I play a little guitar. But mainly I just photograph bands/musicians for a living (the photo part of my name should give that away). If you ever get good enough to be in Spin, maybe I'll meet you when I photograph you...

BlackLabelNSX 02-21-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRFTKO (Post 73543)
"BlackLabelNSX", this is the second time I have called you down for double posting, please use the edit button, this is getting old. Follow the rules. Thanks

but i was answering both of them and i thought bouble posting was posting the same thing twice not answering two different peoples posts seperatly so they don't get confused,not trying to disrespect you in any way