XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMS Competition Archives (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   August 2010: "Open Class" Discussion Thread: (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19465)

mr.hotrod 09-02-2010 09:47 PM

Donzi.... what was i supposed to type? it is a stock chassis.....

FloydfanYodaman 09-03-2010 12:47 AM

simply forgot...a little PM b4 the voting thread would have gone along way...thought stock chassis shots were not needed only modified ones...my mistake...too bad cus this was looking like a great turnout...especially since there hasnt been a comp on here in a bit...4 good projects down the drain :nodno:

being this rigid...you'd think money had been involved :lol:

Donziikid 09-03-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycrors4 (Post 263548)
an off topic-ish question:
why do we need at least 4 shots and a chassis shot?
we only use 1 shot for the voting thread anyways.........

A four shot minimum, one of which must be a chassis shot, is required to make an attempt at leveling the playing field.

First, many members will take a shot from the important angles: front, both sides and the rear; totaling four shots already. They take the fifth shot, the chassis shot, because it is required. Why it is required is again to level the playing field as much as possible. A few entries in the past have been much more mechanically driven than visually driven and this gives those entrants more of a chance. After the multitude of complaints we have received in the past for members overlook of mechanical entrants, this seemed the best route to take.

A vote should not be judged solely on that individual picture which I link to in the voting thread, that's why the names are links back to that particular members entry post. A vote should be judged on all of the aspects of that series' entries: mechanics, visual appeal, electronics, time spent, and, if it's a themed competition, how closely they resemble that theme.

I make it only a single picture to save space, make it look more uniform and less information for a browser to load.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue504life (Post 263549)
why exactly dont you check? the guys over on XMF atleast make a effort to to make sure everything is legit to keep $hit like this from happening. i dont care that im not in it thats fine forgot that this site requires a chassis shot and XMF doesnt

I do not check because I do not believe it is my responsibility to check. As a person entering a competition it should be your responsibility to make sure your entry abides all of the rules and guidelines put forth by the website.

I certainly wouldn't expect the staff at XMF, URC, MTF, or any other major RC forum to check my entry posts to make sure I was abiding by all of their rules.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.hotrod (Post 263550)
Donzi.... what was i supposed to type? it is a stock chassis.....

Body type?
Body year?
Model year?
What rims?
What tires?
Chassis extension?

I see a lot you could have listed. It's a ways from stock just from what I can see with half of a chassis picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman (Post 263567)
simply forgot...a little PM b4 the voting thread would have gone along way...thought stock chassis shots were not needed only modified ones...my mistake...too bad cus this was looking like a great turnout...especially since there hasnt been a comp on here in a bit...4 good projects down the drain :nodno:

being this rigid...you'd think money had been involved :lol:

I apologize for not sending out a private message. While I do not generally believe that should be part of our responsibility of the competition, especially seeing as how at the time nothing could be done, I do see how it could have been less of a cluster and problematic situation. Again, my apologies. In the future if something like this happens again a private message will be created and sent.

Nope. That's why I said required. :D

They're not down the drain. They already have a head start on next months COTM.

Cheers,
Kyle

Uncle D 09-10-2010 12:52 AM

So is that the final tally?

Donziikid 09-10-2010 10:47 AM

Yupp, that's the final tally! Congratulations! :)

xmodsNSX94 09-10-2010 11:14 AM

Congratulations Uncle D on your COTM win.
but i must admit. that it is one hell of a car. great job.

FloydfanYodaman 09-10-2010 07:39 PM

congrats on the win man...it is a great creation...and you had my vote...nice job!

Bananabrain 09-10-2010 09:30 PM

Congrats, very nice car.

Uncle D 09-11-2010 02:28 AM

Oh nice! Do appreciate the votes and compliments. To be honest, its the only R/C I have, as I've recently sold my R/C stuff. This one will be a Shelf Queen for a good long while.

Was glad to be able to participate. I foresee the next COTM as being full with trucks as those were some nice ones that weren't able to make it in this August contest.

Thanks again XMS!

xmodsunlimited 09-11-2010 10:43 AM

Congrats Uncle D!

Very Nice car