XmodSource.com

XmodSource.com (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/index.php)
-   XMOD Modification (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My Dad + Sale = PARTS PARTS and more Parts (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8865)

hawkskater 05-27-2007 03:13 PM

My Dad + Sale = PARTS PARTS and more Parts

Today my dad woke me up and said, i want to get one of those little xmod car things. today we went to radioshack to find the manager of the store had marked every xmod related item at 50% off. My dad got a hummer, and the manager talked him into buying every truck part he had, including tools and batteries. After picking out every part for a truck that they had, it came out to $70 for the following items:
1. Hummer Evo Truck
1. 4wd kit
1. slammed wheels kit
1. Dropped suspension kit
1. Hummer Body kit
1. Ground effect light kit
1. Decal Set
1. Performance Tires, for my brothers sicion
1.bearing kit
1. Xmod Tool kit
1. radioshack Xmod Batteries and charger kit

All of that in under 5 minutes, for under $70 dollars, thats a good deal.
Everything was 50% off. So most of the parts, but the bearings and lights were $1 to $2 dollars. Not bad. My Dad now has more parts then I do!

Idk if the sale is for every RS. But we got lucky, we saved over $70 on parts.

RADIOSHACKEMPLOYEE01 05-27-2007 03:52 PM

that's pretty cool. it's nice to see families getting together and racing xmodsl. lol. good lookin out kid. beat him at every race!

texan_idiot25 05-27-2007 03:57 PM

Managers discount? I got my H2, lift kit, awd and maybe something esle for like less than 50

xmodificationer 05-27-2007 04:29 PM

hey u think u could get me a RS Toolkit?

hawkskater 05-27-2007 04:58 PM

idk about the tool kit, i got the last one. Me and my dad put all the parts on his hummer, and i cant wait for the batteries to be done charging so i can beat him in a race. lol.

xmodificationer 05-27-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkskater (Post 94592)
idk about the tool kit, i got the last one. Me and my dad put all the parts on his hummer, and i cant wait for the batteries to be done charging so i can beat him in a race. lol.

dang ive been looking for a tool kit

hawkskater 05-27-2007 05:28 PM

i just raced my dad and he is the drift race king, he did one long drift around my kitchen with is about 20feet by 20 feet, and it was his first time every using a remote controled car, let alone a drifting xmod.

c1v1c 05-27-2007 06:15 PM

Man gee...ur lucky having ur dad into wut u like to do.
i hope my dad got into it also so he can buy some parts also lolol...

hawkskater 05-27-2007 08:16 PM

He didn't get the parts for me, he got them so he could beat me at racing... LOL.. i have all those parts but the bodykit, bearings and lights.
idk why he all the sudden got into xmod, but i like it.

xmodificationer 05-27-2007 09:10 PM

man my dad HATES xmods. hes always complaining about me getting screws on the floor and crap

xmodsnut 05-28-2007 12:42 AM

hey xmodificationer i can get you one of those tool kits the RS in wooster has one left and I can get them to save it till i get there friday. oh and to get those screws off the floor easier get a bar magnet and drag it behind your truck for funn it will pick up the screws.

Stampedekid 05-28-2007 08:53 AM

the magnet might do something to the electronics, but anyway, you got a good sale

KDaver 05-28-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodsnut (Post 94699)
hey xmodificationer i can get you one of those tool kits the RS in wooster has one left and I can get them to save it till i get there friday. oh and to get those screws off the floor easier get a bar magnet and drag it behind your truck for funn it will pick up the screws.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodracer1 (Post 94714)
the magnet might do something to the electronics, but anyway, you got a good sale

Well you could make a trailer with the bottom of the trailer have a flat magnet.
this way you are no Dragging it.. but pulling it..

could be a cool little Accessory to the XMod World

hawkskater 05-28-2007 12:35 PM

the problem with the screws is really off topic, but what ever.
I have a question about my dads hummer, he has soft tires on it, and it is still spinning out, he doesnt have the 4wd installed. Do you have to break the tires in? i forgot because i got my xmod truck tires along time ago.

P.S. im surprised my dad likes his xmod's so much, because his real car has over 300 HP and 300Ft-Lb. I guess xmods are more fun then real cars.

xmodificationer 05-28-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodsnut (Post 94699)

yea i dont know about the magnet part lol :-? but for the tool kit is it $6?

noturday 05-28-2007 12:57 PM

thats a lot of stuff for 70 bucks, i might have to go stop by a rs myself. hope ur dad doesnt beat you to bad haha, later

V8lover411 05-28-2007 01:11 PM

Whoa nelly you basically bought the store.

Stampedekid 05-28-2007 02:38 PM

lol yeah thats true

xmodsnut 05-28-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmodificationer (Post 94746)
yea i dont know about the magnet part lol :-? but for the tool kit is it $6?

more like 2.50 but with shipping 6 or 7 should be all it costs

When I go to RS they put the entire xmods section on the counter and let me buy what I want out of it.

KDaver 05-28-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1v1c (Post 94613)
Man gee...ur lucky having ur dad into wut u like to do.
i hope my dad got into it also so he can buy some parts also lolol...

I cant wait until My son gets into it.. or my little girl if she wants to..

but then I have to let them play with my toys.. Now that is going to be hard to do